WhatsApp has a pretty important feature, Live Location. Many are curious, how to use features that can be used as a monitoring location.
Before discussing further, please note that the function of Live Location is to allow WhatsApp users to share their location in real-time with friends or family on their WhatsApp contacts.
All users can use it. WhatsApp has released the availability of this feature for all users on Android and iOS.
Here’s how it works.
- Open one of the chats on WhatsApp (can be groups or individuals) that you want to share Live Location.
- Tap the attachment file in the form of a paper clip located in the right corner of the column to type a message.
- The attachment option that will be shared will appear, select ‘Location’.
- On WhatsApp, which has this feature available, ‘Share Live Location’ will appear in the existing ‘Send Location’ function.
- We can set how long we will share the location in real-time. There are choices for example 15 minutes, one hour, or maybe a day.
- You can also stop sharing Live Locations at any time by pressing the ‘Stop Sharing’ button.
- Interestingly, several people from the same WhatsApp chat group can share their respective locations and display on one map. So, we can know exactly how far we are from each other.
Real-time location sharing function is not something new. A number of services already have it first. Call it Google that has Latitude, but has been turned off in 2013. Telegram some time ago also launched a similar feature.
With more than 1 billion active WhatsApp users, this feature is quite widely used among WhatsApp users.